To dogs life is amazing! They live in the moment and find joy in the smallest of things. For my dog, Jenson, running around a field is amazing!
He can't understand the stresses of the world or how humans can get bored, so here are his wise words for a happy life:
- When loved ones come home, run to meet them, they are the most important thing in the world.
- Be loyal.
- Enjoy a long walk.
- Start the day with a good stretch.
- Take naps.
- Play daily, take time for fun.
- When happy, dance around and wag your whole body.
- Say hello to everyone (but don't sniff their butts!) Acknowledging someone and smiling can make their day.
- Never pretend to be something you’re not.
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and snuggle.
BE MORE DOG 🐶
These are some of my observations of Jenson and his friends but I also have been inspired by the poem, Be More Dog by Rev Kenny Borthwick.
We may have more going on in our lives to contend with, compared to our canine companions, but that makes it even more important to find moments of joy.
Kim from Totem & Arrow is a joy advocate and shares how to bring more joy into your life and make it a priority. Kim talks more in depth about this and her "joy shield" in this Indie Roller Podcast episode. (The Indie Roller podcast peeks into the everyday lives of Indie Biz owners).
Follow Kim on Instagram where you can also sign up to her new Joy Club. She also makes fab acrylic jewellery, like this pencil brooch, check it out on her website.
Before I go I want to share a couple of Instagram accounts that make me smile. If you love dogs you have to check out these:
Thoughts of Dog
Boop My Nose
They will definitely brighten up your day 🐶
What brings you joy? Let me know in the comments.
Have a great day!